Enterprise Connect is planned to take place as scheduled in Orlando, FL from March 30 - April 2, 2020. We are actively monitoring reports around the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and are following precautionary measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Below are some safety guidelines to help all attendees have a healthy event.
Enterprise Connect is:
- Following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Adhering to travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow regular CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel or at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
In addition, our lead venue for Enterprise Connect, the Gaylord Palms Hotel and Convention Center, has issued the following statement from its parent company Marriott International on its policies and procedures:
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments. The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. We are waiving cancelation fees for hotel stays through February 29, 2020 for guests with reservations at our hotels in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan and guests from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan traveling outbound to other Marriott destinations globally.
Marriott International is reinforcing recommended measures on appropriate hygiene standards and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local health authorities.
Our sympathies are with those affected in China, and all around the world.