When it comes to discussions about gender diversity everyone has a role to play in that discussion and EC is playing its part. We took on initiatives in 2019 to help engage people in this discussion and promote the advancement of women in this industry. We want our show floor, session rooms, and networking events to look as diverse as it is in the real world and plan to grow our initiatives in the year to come. Take a look at just some of the programs, conference sessions and networking opportunities we introduced so far.
2019 WIC HIGHLIGHTS
WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS LUNCHEON
In this, our first-annual Women in Communications Luncheon, we shined a light on the issues women communications professionals face in the male-dominated technology industry and provided an opportunity for discussion and networking. A panel of women IT professionals from a variety of enterprise organizations shared their experiences about how they overcame challenges in getting to where they are today and offered insight on how women can help one another to advance and prosper in IT-related fields. Whether to share tips on navigating workplace situations, provide guidance on how to advocate for equal pay and career opportunities, or engage in conversation about achieving work/life balance, there’s room for every voice in this dialogue.
- Erin Leary, End User Services Agile Transformation Leader, Boeing
- Jeanne Spinosa, Manager, Telecommunications, Brown University
- Gauri Bhalerao, Senior Manager, Collaboration, Networking Strategy, and Engineering, Yum! Brands
- Moderator: Michelle Burbick, Program Coordinator/Associate Editor, Enterprise Connect/No Jitter
WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
Women communications professionals continue to face challenges in the male-dominated technology industry, so what can we learn from women who have found success? A panel of women executives engaged in a dialogue about the challenges, sharing their experiences in enterprise IT and at vendor companies, and offering insight on how we can navigate the pitfalls and work to foster success.
- Michelle Burbick, Program Coordinator/Associate Editor, Enterprise Connect/No Jitter
- Pegah Ebrahimi, Chief Operating Officer, Collaboration Technology Group, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Jayme Bynum, Director, IT Infrastructure, SemGroup Corporation
- Aruna Ravichandran, Vice President, Collaboration Marketing, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Lorrissa Horton, Vice President and General Manager – Webex Teams, Cisco Systems, Inc.
WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS RECEPTION
Dedicated networking opportunity to mingle with colleagues supporting women's advancement in communications.
WIC COVERAGE ON NO JITTER
- Shining a Light on Women in Communications: Three Enterprise Connect keynoters speak out on their experiences being women executives in a male-dominated field.
- Women in Tech: Seeing is Believing: New initiatives at Enterprise Connect put a spotlight on women working in communications and collaboration technology.
- Eyeing Diversity & Inclusion at EC19: What sort of diversity and inclusion policies make sense for your enterprise?
- Women in Tech -- the Good, the Bad, the Hopeful: As a senior IT leader, I want to direct young women to this field. But I can't yet assure them they'll be treated equally with male colleagues.